These scientific conference travel awards are funded by an R24 from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (R24DA051988) to help defray costs of conference registration, travel, and attendance.
The goal of these conference travel awards is to support presentations at national conferences that inform the scientific field about recovery community centers (RCCs) and how they may support persons seeking or in recovery from substance use disorder. We hope that by presenting more information on RCCs to the scientific community, we can stimulate research interest in them. Presentations in diverse scientific fields are encouraged (e.g., psychology, public health, addiction, social work, epidemiology, etc.). Of particular interest are presentations that focus on persons who were or who are being maintained on medications for the treatment of opioid use disorder.
- $1000 award (per presentation, with up to four presentations within a single symposium)
- 16 awarded per year
- ~4 awarded per quarter
- Award can be used to cover the cost of conference registration, travel, attendance, or peripherals associated with presenting virtually
- Your conference proposal must address the role of recovery community centers in supporting persons who were or who are being maintained on medications for the treatment of opioid use disorder or advance the science to this end (including but not limited to: perceptions around MOUDs, linkages from clinical sites to RCCs, etc…).
- Faculty members, research scientists, post-doctoral research scholars or graduate students from any academic or health care institution in the United States are eligible to apply. Black, indigenous, and other people of color (BIPOC) are especially encouraged to apply.
- Proposals that are part of a symposia (i.e., oral presentation) on the topic of recovery community centers for individuals with opioid use disorders are preferred but not required. Multiple individuals within the same symposia are encouraged to apply. Individuals with poster abstract proposals in the area are also eligible.
- You may apply at any time of year for any conference.
- Please apply after your presentation has been accepted for presentation.
- To apply, please fill out the form here
- You will need to submit the following materials:
- Conference proposal as submitted to the conference
- Confirmation that the symposium or other proposal has been selected for presentation
- A link to the conference’s call for proposals
- A brief description of the conference and the audience it reaches
- The committee will meet every two months to review applications.
- You will be notified via email when a decision is made regarding your application.
Please find a document containing the application information below: